Wednesday 19 April 2017

Frame part 3 - LRFs and more plumbing

Before I go on with the plumbing, I think we need to get LRF equipped. I haven't sourced the final LRFs yet, so I looked through the LRF drawer and found some temporary ones. First, drill and tap some holes in the corner plates.



























I have a little set of blocks with holes sized exactly for the tap that serve as guides to keep the holder perpendicular to the workpiece.




























Not the best photo, but we are now officially Little Rubber Feet equipped. 

First up for plumbing is the sump. This plastic part is a huge improvement over the cast-metal one in both of my machines. Both of those are tiny and often silt up with grounds. Appart from being perhaps eights times the size, this one also has a large outflow.



























A quick hole in the side and the expansion valve can be attached. I'm not going to bolt the sump in place until I have the rest of the lines sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment